Business Resiliency Director, VP
- Published: Wednesday, 07 August 2019 08:53
Location: UK, London
Company: State Street Global Advisors
Reporting to the Head of Enterprise Continuity and locally to the relevant legal entity or location head, the location based Business Resiliency Director (BRD) is accountable for business continuity plans in their location to include development, maintenance, review and testing. The BRD will also co-ordinate implementation of the location plans in case of a major incident. The role will work closely the functional business lines and SME's. Due to the nature of incidents, non-standard work hours based may be expected.
- Own and be accountable for the development and maintenance of robust location based/ site level plans with a strong focus on the resiliency of critical business services
- Partner with Business Continuity Directors (BCDs) and location based SME(s) to develop a solid understanding of the complex nature of existing plans and identify where a need for local versus global strategies and requirements exists
- Drive key program tasks including BIA workshops and awareness sessions with the business to ensure the execution of business owned fit for purpose plans
- Support location based testing to ensure effective end to end recovery within agreed RTOs and with achievable solutions
- Have a demonstrable understanding of the Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) ensuring timeliness of updates and how these impact compliance ratings
- Serve as a lead for location based incidents liaising with business aligned SMEs to gather impact analysis, agree actions and ensure post mortem gaps are addressed
- Provide support to the business in meeting the wider strategic objectives of resiliency including related fields such as Outsourcing, Third Party Risk Management, Technology and Disaster Recovery risk, maintaining up to date metrics on capability
- Partner with Enterprise Continuity Services (ECS) Regional Heads, Global Head of Continuity and Global Incident Management (GIM) to ensure the plans continue to be effective and maintained in line with the corporate program.