Business Continuity Specialist
- Published: Friday, 09 August 2019 07:16
Location: UK, Glasgow
Company: Scottish Power Renewables
9 month contract - potential for extension
The role of Business Continuity Specialist sits within the Assurance and Risk function of Scottish Power Renewables, and reports to the Assurance and Risk Manager. In this role you will be responsible for the delivery of the Business Continuity Management System across SPR, which involves developing, planning and delivering the Business Continuity strategy across offices, windfarms and other sites used by SPR. You will also be responsible for providing governance around the local BCMS arrangements throughout SPR, assessing, managing and escalating risk and responding, managing and recovering business critical activities following a BC incident (fire, protests, national emergency etc).
- Support the maintenance of Business Continuity Management systems with a view to gaining ISO 22301 accreditation
- Develop, maintain and continually improve the Business Continuity Management System across SPR
- Develop contingency strategies and / or continuity planning for emergent threats / risks (e.g. pandemic, fuel shortage etc)
- Develop, apply, maintain and exercise the Business Continuity strategy and plans across the SPR business to ensure that prioritised critical activities are effectively maintained in the event of significant business interruption
- Manage the Business Continuity team to ensure all required BCMS activities are completed within the timeframes of the annual BCMS operating plan
- Maintain preparedness of internal and external recovery locations
- Actively engage with BEIS and the Scottish Government at a senior level to establish and maintain a positive and mutually beneficial relationship for issues relating to 'Energy Emergencies' and 'Critical National Infrastructure'
- Provide expert advice relating to all Business Continuity risk and compliance matters across SPR. Externally, this includes supporting the procurement process for large contracts or responding to continuity related questions when ScottishPower tender for contracts
- Support and guide the SPR business or sites / departments during periods of significant business disruption to ensure prompt recovery and maintenance of prioritised critical activities
- To effectively report, monitor and maintain critical KPI measures to ensure performance targets are managed & delivered.