Manager, Business Continuity & Emergency Management
- Published: Wednesday, 14 August 2019 09:16
Location: Canada, Toronto
Organization: George Brown College
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Public Safety & Security (PSS), the Manager, Business Continuity & Emergency Management is responsible for the general oversight, leadership and accountability for the development, implementation, evaluation and ongoing maintenance of the College's Emergency Management Plans, Business Continuity program, and first-aid/medical response procedures.
The incumbent oversees the daily operational activities of all emergency management functions within the College and ensures that the College maintains a state of operational and procedural readiness to react and respond to emergency events. During a declared emergency, is responsible for activating and leading the colleges Emergency Operation Centre (EOC) and provides ongoing support, technical guidance, direction on the implementation of various emergency plans. Provides over-site and direction to Emergency Medical First Responders and oversee all first aid operations.
- Provides general oversight and leadership for the development, implementation, evaluation and ongoing maintenance of the College's emergency management program.
- Oversees the daily operational activities of all emergency management functions within the Department of Public Safety.
- Leads the implementation of the Colleges Emergency Management plan and associated procedures, including regular testing and exercising.
- Provides technical leadership and guidance to all administrative academic and other business units in the development and maintenance of departmental emergency response plans and procedures.
- Develops and maintains ongoing emergency preparedness and community awareness campaign including all related digital and print media.
- Develops and maintains Personal Emergency Plans (PEP) for employees and students to meet AODA requirements.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with key local. Provincial and federal agencies and stakeholders related to emergency management.
- Provides general oversight and leadership for the development, implementation, evaluation and ongoing maintenance of the Colleges Business Continuity Planning.
- Leads Business Impact Assessment programs; develops the Business Continuity Program.
- Develops and performs Business Impact Analysis (BIA); assists departments to identify requirements based on BIA's.
- Responsible for, College-wide risk and security assessments; College HIRA (Hazard Identification Risk Assessment), College physical space security assessments.
- Coordinates with the Office of Planning, Governance and Assessment in the areas that integrate between PSS assessments and the overall more significant Enterprise Risk Registry and mitigation strategies.
- Oversees the Medical First Responders at all three campuses and first aid scenario training for all locations.
- Collaborates with the Safety and Wellness department, with the medical treat and administration documentation.
- Takes the lead on developing and implementing medical procedural plans for students with life-threating or significant medical condition.
- Other related duties as assigned.