Business Continuity and Resilience Manager
- Published: Friday, 04 October 2019 07:21
Location: US, CA, Sunnyvale
As a Business Continuity and Resilience Manager, you will work closely with Google’s Global Security & Resilience Services (GSRS) leads and cross-functional teams to accelerate delivery of business & systems resilience. Through a coordinated security and resilience program framework, we are helping teams meet user expectations in the face of adversity.
In this role, you will collaborate with global GSRS peers and other professionals responsible for resilience within different parts of Google. Serving as an ambassador for GSRS’s business and systems resilience program, you get to delve into tactical planning and provide assistance to teams who are embarking on their resilience journey. You will guide work to help GSRS improve.
You will have deep operational readiness and incident response expertise, a solid track record of delivering successful, measurable project outcomes, and excellent organizational skills. You must pay attention to detail, ensure thoughtful, timely tactical execution, and manage groups of people. You will build positive partnerships and inspire trust from your team and colleagues. You must be wired to continuously identify, ready others for, and navigate evolving global risk conditions that are prevalent in our world today and that are heading toward us well in the future.
From keeping Googlers safe and secure to managing disruptive events, the ability to anticipate, deter, detect, and act are the pillars of Google’s Global Security and Resilience Services (GSRS) team. As a member of GSRS you will help develop a culture where safety, security and resiliency are integrated into every facet of Google, including the creative process. You will help us continually identify, evaluate and monitor enterprise risks that could affect business activities and provide business leaders the information they need to make critical decisions. You'll collaborate with cross-functional teams to create innovative strategies and develop programs that drive sustainable effectiveness.
- Advance business and systems resilience program, including operational readiness and incident response.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to conduct resilience impact analyses, prepare business and systems resilience plans, test processes, collect lessons learned and promote excellence through improvement.
- Support incident response teams, provide process oversight and guidance to spot gaps and identify opportunities to get ahead of potential incidents.
- Partner with incident management experts to deliver incident response training.
- Develop reports, review performance metrics, maintain dashboards and generate materials for reporting.