Business Continuity Analyst
- Published: Friday, 04 October 2019 07:28
Location: Canada, ON, Toronto
Company: Bank of Montreal
Establishes specialized support service in a specific function or technology. Fulfills transactions, internal business partner and/or external customer inquiries/ requests, and/or audit/ reconciliation activities in accordance with Bank and industry standards. Follows procedures in the analysis and resolution of internal and external inquiries, requests and issues, ranging from routine transactions to complex portfolio management referring more complex issues to senior team members and/or manager.
- Manages and monitors a complex portfolio of work representing a significant amount of risk.
- Coordinates and schedules work flow, including approving transactions, and act as the main escalation point for business challenges, as delegated.
- Assigns work accordingly to team/ staff members, ensures adequate work flow and meet various cut-off times during the day, as delegated.
- Identifies potential risk situations/impacts, makes recommendations or escalates to the manager, and ensures contingency plans exist.
- Acts as back-up in the manager’s absence and as primary back-up to team members in the event of absence or vacancy.
- Monitors various reports and takes appropriate actions, ensuring compliance requirements, audits and verifications are completed in accordance with Bank's P&Ps.
- Meets with LOB on a monthly basis to discuss process review QC results and possible process improvement that might address findings. Report results to Manager if concerns or issues arise in the meeting.
- Reviews final QC reports for content, message and accuracy prior to submission to Manager and CRMC.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Performs activities such as coordination and scheduling of work, resource forecasting, quality control, training, team coaching and guidance, research and problem. resolution.
- Ensures volume goals, turnaround times and quality expectations are met, while maintaining strict adherence to control procedures and compliance regulations.
- Processes timely and accurate transactions, audit/reconciliation transactions and resolves discrepancies according to established standards.
- Records and verifies data for fulfillment and/or further handling.
- Ensures quality control standards are met prior to proceeding with each workflow activity, as required by procedures.
- Ensures adherence to all aspects of First Principles, BMO Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, Corporate policies, procedures and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Identifies potential risk situations and escalate to more senior team members.
- Reviews transactions and requests for compliance with regulatory and Bank requirements.
- Communicates with internal partners and external customers to respond to inquiries according to guidelines. Follow-up with business units to ensure issues are resolved.
- Performs administrative tasks such as distributing/collecting documentation, archiving historical documentation and assisting in the preparation of management reports.
- Participates in continuous improvement of business processes and procedures within the scope of the work team.
- Participates in testing and implementation of projects and new/ revised products/ services or processes.
- Ensures strict confidentiality is maintained for both customer and Bank information to protect the customer and the Bank and to ensure compliance with Bank policies and procedures.
- Provide on-the-job assistance, training and other tasks as assigned.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.