Crisis & Continuity Management Advisor
- Published: Wednesday, 09 October 2019 06:39
Location: UK, Pangbourne
As a member of the Global Safety team, provides leadership and influence to ensure that Crisis & Continuity Management (C&CM) risks within Lubricants are effectively identified & managed, and to drive improvement continuously in conformance with designated BP Policies.
- Regional C&CM Coordinator Role within the Europe and Africa for all Lubricants Businesses and Functions.
- Set clear, understandable and deliverable C&CM requirements.
- Provide expertise to support the embedment of C&CM and supports Lubricants teams to effectively meet regulatory, legislative and BP requirements wherever we operate.
- Support Leadership teams to meet HSSE performance targets and delivery of Operating Management System conformance.
- Intervene and escalate as appropriate to cause corrective action when HSSE performance and/or OMS conformance is not at desired levels.
- SPA for C&CM within Lubricants
- Maintains Lubes global Business Support Plan.
- Supports the implementation of the C&CM policies and procedures in the Europe supporting the site, office and country HSSE teams in the development of IMP, CSP and ERP, development/delivery of training, emergency exercise design/delivery and continuous improvement of processes.
- Supports, as requested, any incident, crisis or business continuity teams.
- Interprets the relevant BP GRPs, BP GDPs, and Group Essentials to define their appropriate application to the Lubes business; ensuring common understanding of applicable BP tools, guidance, etc
- Provides clarity within Lubes as to “what good looks like”; communicating guidance on implementing OMS requirements, and driving consistent conformance to OMS for designated elements.
- Develops and defines indicators for C&CM and designated OMS elements that will allow monitoring of conformance to OMS
- Develops, defines and maintains Lubricant specific plans, policies, processes, systems and tools for C&CM to enable effective and consistent implementation within Lubes
- Develops and maintains processes for assessing and developing capability for C&CM roles within Lubes, including the provision of relevant training, interventions & materials
- Provides C&CM technical expert advice at a global level by issuing technical bulletins, advice on best practices, high value learnings and ensuring understanding and consistency of application
- Develops appropriate support materials to enable implementation of C&CM plans, policies and processes within the Lubricants
- Leads the Lubricants C&CM community and maintains relationships with the wider BP to enable external benchmarking of Best Practice
- Agrees any deviations from C&CM policies and processes.
- Develops and maintains C&CM specific self-verification protocols and processes.
- Follows up on verification audits to support and ensure the closure of audit actions.