AVP - Disaster Recovery
- Published: Wednesday, 09 October 2019 06:45
Location: US, NC, Charlotte
As Disaster Recovery Lead, the role will be responsible for establishing and enhancing the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans, automation of tasks, planning and successful execution of scheduled Disaster Recovery and Operational Resiliency exercises, their reporting and cross-functional coordination.
- Plan, prepare and execute scheduled Disaster Recovery tests with successful cross-functional coordination, enhanced documentation, change management and reporting.
- Maintain the knowledge (documentation), reports and other artifacts in a central repository (ServiceNow Knowledge base)
- Test and improve contingency procedures to cope with data centre power failure or other IT Failure scenarios.
- Test, validate and improve power resilience of all essential Services within the data centre and cloud ensuring resilience against a variety of failure scenarios.
- Test and validate the ability to recover and bring back into service the network infrastructure and systems within the data centre in a controlled order within the Recovery Time Objectives.
- Improve the effectiveness of recovery procedures for power or other IT outages.
- Improve coordination and communication between customers, groups and departments during an incident.
- Update data centre procedural documentation.