Risk and Business Continuity Manager
- Published: Friday, 01 November 2019 08:15
Location: UK, London
Organization: Imperial College London
Imperial College London is looking for an experienced Risk and Business Continuity Manager to join the Faculty of Medicine to develop and implement a high quality, dynamic and professional approach to risk management and business continuity, enabling a risk aware culture and prioritising critical risks effectively.
- The Faculty of Medicine comprises 8 Departments with over 450 academics, 2000 research and support staff, and 3600 students; it had an academic expenditure of £266m in 2018/19. This important role will support the Faculty and its Departments in implementing effective Risk Management and Business Continuity, recognising strategic and operational risk, and supporting risk improvement. Through close work with the Imperial College Risk team this role will facilitate effective implementation of the Faculty’s Risk and Business Continuity strategies and policies
- This role will oversee the delivery of the-annual risk cycle in line with College processes, systems and deadlines. You will support the Departments and risk owners in risk control development and ensure mitigations are delivered on time, such that risks are managed effectively
- You will support appropriate escalation of risks through the Faculty’s management structure. You will understand and support the Faculty and Departments in identifying and managing risks with regulatory compliance and maintain up to date knowledge of the regulatory risk environment for medical education and research
- You will work with key stakeholders across the Faculty to deliver a comprehensive approach to Business Continuity and Emergency Planning, supported by appropriate procedures.