Business Continuity Manager
- Published: Friday, 08 November 2019 08:28
Location: UK, Chessington
Company: Alliance Healthcare
To identify potential sudden disruptions that would threaten Alliance Healthcare's ability to operate, the interests of shareholders, reputation and brand. Develop a framework which builds resilience into the business, minimising the impact of these risks. To lead a Business Continuity programme to meet WBA and Internationally recognised standards for Business Continuity planning.
- Conduct a business impact assessment to understand the top issues that our business should be planning for.
- Develop a risk assessment of these risks and then develop plans for these risks that support the objectives and Alliance Healthcare, in a prioritised order, utilising and engaging key business stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain a communication process for our plans that is a real fit to our business need such that its success can be measured by the understanding of them by individual colleagues affected.
- Collate learning from previous and future Crisis or near miss events so that this is built into future planning, the risk and impact assessment cycle and to flag changes in risk trends.
- Develop a programme for carrying out regular exercises, both actual and tabletop, to test our business resilience.
- Develop and maintain business recovery plans for the period after an event at the Support Centre through liaison with key business units.
- Liaison with Civil and Emergency authorities to ensure our own planning integrates with that for our local area where we operate.
- In the longer term, expand the role to include all Service Centre’s and our critical suppliers so that our business resilience best practice is spread into their organisations to support our own interests.
- Develop a training programme for the key business units/colleagues in our business.