Business Continuity and Resilience Analyst
- Published: Wednesday, 13 November 2019 08:29
Location: US, NY, New York
As a Business Continuity and Resilience Analyst, you'll contribute operational readiness and incident response experience while working with Google’s Global Security and Resilience Services (GSRS) managers and cross-functional teams to accelerate an aligned delivery of business and systems resilience. Through a coordinated security and resilience program framework, we are helping teams meet enterprise and user expectations around the world.
In this role, you will collaborate with global GSRS peers and other business continuity and functionally focused professionals who are responsible for resilience within Google. Serving as an ambassador for GSRS’s business and systems resilience program, you support tactical planning and provide assistance to teams who are embarking on their resilience journey. This journey has you providing support to resilience impact analyses, business and systems resilience plans, incident management tactical actions, scenario testing, and our continual improvement efforts. Using your propensity towards collaboration, teamwork, and agility, you will help GSRS achieve our collective strategic and annual objectives.
You're a contributor with operational readiness and incident response experience, a solid track record of helping teams to deliver successful, measurable project outcomes, and excellent organizational and multitasking abilities. You're quality driven, detail-oriented, ensure thoughtful, timely tactical execution, and have significant team experience. You easily build positive internal and cross-functional partnerships and inspire trust from the team and colleagues. You'll support those who are tasked to continuously identify, ready others for, and navigate evolving global risk conditions that are prevalent in our world today and those that are heading toward us well in the future. Excellent communication and presentation skills are a must!
From keeping Googlers safe and secure to managing disruptive events, the ability to anticipate, deter, detect, and act are the pillars of Google’s Global Security and Resilience Services (GSRS) team. As a member of GSRS you will help develop a culture where safety, security and resiliency are integrated into every facet of Google, including the creative process. You will help us continually identify, evaluate and monitor enterprise risks that could affect business activities and provide business leaders the information they need to make critical decisions. You'll collaborate with cross-functional teams to create innovative strategies and develop programs that drive sustainable effectiveness.
- Support team and GSRS partners in the alignment of business and systems resilience program that covers operational readiness and incident response.
- Support the team in stakeholder management as we help guide the resilience impact analyses, business and systems resilience plans, process testing, lessons learned and postmortem data collection, and continual improvement efforts.
- Support incident response teams and GSRS efforts, assisting where needed and joining activities that help us get ahead of potential incident consequences.
- Partner with our team colleagues to support incident management training and their delivery of collaborative incident response training.
- Prepare reports, help collect key performance metrics, maintain dashboards, and generate materials for reporting.