Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Global Practice Lead
- Published: Friday, 15 November 2019 08:26
Location: US, MN, Virtual
Provides guidance to subordinates based on organizational goals and company policy. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Interprets and executes operating policies and procedures that affect subordinate organizational units. Recommends modifications to organizational policies. Generally accomplishes results through experienced technical employees who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments. Incumbents in this classification are generally responsible for one or more of the following: hardware/software architecture, operating systems, system configuration and control, performance management, performance tuning, environmental software, third party and utility software, network design and engineering, network management, desktop/server architecture, UNIX server architecture, data base administration, systems administration and capacity planning.
- The Global Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR) Practice reports to the Global Data Center Services Manager and in cooperation with Global Security and Compliance Center of Excellence (CoE)
- The incumbent will be responsible to lead the Business Continuity Management and Disaster Recovery Practice within Unisys
- The position is a point for maintaining, reporting, monitoring and analyzing various aspects of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery/IT Service Continuity management by seeking inputs from various stakeholders across multiple facilities globally
- The position provides worldwide coordination so that all Data and Service Centers will follow the BCMS lifecycle in accordance with ISO 22301 and ISO 27001 certification
- The overall aim of this position is to continuously improve BCDR Management and develop a BCDR Practice for Enterprise Services Clients in cooperation with Global Security and Compliance CoE
- Manage the implementation and day-to-day functions related to creating Business Continuity Plans and procedures, while also managing Disaster Recovery operations for Unisys Data Centers, Managed Services Centers and Client Sites
- Responsible for interfacing with senior management and regulatory auditors, while also implementing and supporting the services listed below.
- Contingency Planning – Identify potential Business Interruptions, develop safeguards against these interruptions, and implement recovery procedures in the event of a business interruption. Provide documentation and training on Contingency Planning concepts and procedures.
- Disaster Recovery – Safeguard data processing operations by identifying potential problem areas and single points of failure that may result in interruptions to critical data processing operations. Develop and implement Disaster Recovery, Data Sensitivity, Library Management, Back-up and Recovery, and Disaster Recovery Plans and Procedures.
- Business Recovery – Develop safeguards and Business Recovery Plans and Procedures governing the remote Business Offices and Operations associated with the organization. Ensure that Corporate Asset Protection procedures cover critical Business Resources located at Business Offices.
- Risk Management – Identify and Categorize outage exposures that could cause a business interruption, then obtain Insurance and Vendor agreements to safeguard against a disaster event. Responsible for insuring that Business and Regulatory Requirements are adhered to and that implemented recovery procedures and contracts are cost justifiable.