Business Continuity Incident Management Lead, Americas - VP
- Published: Friday, 15 November 2019 08:31
Location: US, MA, Quincy
Company: State Street
The Enterprise Continuity Services (ECS) Regional Business Continuity & Incident Management (BCIM) Lead reports to the Regional BCIM Head and is accountable for emergency and business recovery planning for a single State Street location/group of locations within a particular region, as well as supporting the end to end crisis management process at these locations. This is a blended role comprised of both Business Continuity and Incident Management activities, responsible for local business recovery and incident plan management, recovery site maintenance, and disaster recovery test coordination. This position requires the knowledge and skillset to identify risks within the BC/IM programs, drive remediation efforts accordingly, and monitor until completion.
Additionally, the Regional BCIM Lead will partner with the Global Incident Management Team to support continuity recovery efforts. This role will coordinate with incident managers, other Regional BCIM Leads, and global functional units and will work closely with senior management, regulators, clients, and industry peers. The Regional BCIM Lead will work directly with local business continuity staff to assist with the development of the emergency response and local continuity planning and recovery efforts. Due to the incident management component of this role, non-traditional working hours can be expected.
- Establish and maintain effective Business Continuity and Incident Management Plans for the State Street location(s) of which the BCIM Lead is responsible
- Work with the Regional BCIM Head and broader ECS Team in setting the regional and local recovery strategies, and continuously evolve the program and standards to meet regulatory and business requirements
- Participate in local recovery site maintenance and disaster recovery test coordination
- Support and guide Business Continuity Directors and key business personnel during the invocation of the recovery process as required during incidents (i.e. call trees)
- Hold business leaders accountable for the quality and effectiveness of their continuity and incident response plans while providing oversight and guidance during this process
- Develop and maintain working relationships with other Regional BCIM Leads, BCIM Heads, and members of senior management
- Oversee and manage a team with the proper skill set to support the localized continuity and incident management needs, while in alignment with program and regulatory requirements
- Participate in major incident debriefs with the Incident Management Team and business leads, and monitor post-event issue follow-up ensuring any highlighted remediation items are followed through to completion in a timely manner
- Partner with Continuity Services Regional Heads, Global Head of Continuity and Incident Management, and Privacy Office to ensure the local Incident Management Program continues to be effective and maintained in line with the regional program