Business Continuity Specialist, Advisor
- Published: Friday, 10 January 2020 08:48
Location: US, IL, Lincolnshire
Company: Zebra Technologies
As a key member of the corporate Business Continuity Program Management office, this role provides guidance to support Zebra’s business continuity maturity; establishes guidelines and procedures for evaluating impacts, hazards, vulnerabilities, and figuring out corresponding resiliency risk mitigation strategies; guides business function partners through business continuity planning and documentation; ensures business functions are adequately testing and maintaining business continuity plans; performs due diligence on key suppliers, manufacturers, and service partners; and implements high-level risk mitigation strategies aligned to executive goals.
- Determines the content of Business Impact Analysis processes, including updates for continuous improvement and coordinates with the business functions to complete a Business Impact Analysis annually.
- Draws conclusions from company-wide Business Impact Analysis and ranks risks, hazards, vulnerabilities for risk mitigation and summarizes executive-level content for decision-making.
- Develops high-level risk mitigation strategies corresponding to risks; proposes risk mitigation strategies to executive leadership and works with business functions to implement and lower risk profiles.
- Ensures recovery time and recovery point objectives of critical processes and dependent technologies have been validated and that business functions have identified manual work arounds to cope with loss of dependent services.
- Performs audits and due diligence on critical technology vendors and other suppliers, including manufacturers and works to mitigate risk findings.
- Coordinates with sales, legal and audit on responses to RFPs and contractual terms; may be required to provide summaries to customers and/or engage in direct-to-customer conversations about Zebra’s continuity practices.
- Liaises with other corporate functions such as Communications and Employee Security or Disaster Recovery to assure alignment of corporate processes and continuity practices.
- Represents the business functions in Disaster Recovery exercises, including preparation for and participation in large-scale joint exercises.
- Leads the business continuity planning cycle and engages business functions for improvement, including documented plans that conform to industry-recognized standards.
- Oversees quarterly business continuity tests across a range of business functions, targeted to exercise processes that reduce operational risks.
- Conducts industry research, participates in various professional forums, and aligns the company’s continuity practices that address trending and future risks.
- Strategically identifies new processes and workstreams to mitigate impact to the company, such as development of regional response protocols across a global network of resiliency-minded colleagues.
- Conducts regular in-person awareness and training workshops and develops on-line portfolio of related training documentation.
- Significantly influences selection of continuity and reporting tools and is responsible for successful implementation of custom configuration of these platforms to increase value-add to business users.
- Prepares executive-level communications and presentations and regularly interacts with business leaders to provide guidance and seek resources and support for continuity-related efforts.