Business Resiliency / Continuity Manager
- Published: Tuesday, 11 February 2020 08:50
Location: UK, Chester
Agency: Michael Page
Work for a leading global Fortune 500 business...
- Responsible for protecting human, financial, digital and physical assets for locations based in Europe, including assessment and prevention, preparing for and managing adverse events or incidents
- Conducts proper emergency response and business continuity planning to assess potential risks and hazards to each location and their potential business impact. Design, implement, and exercise mitigation plans to minimise safety risk to co-workers, business loss to company, customer impact, shareholder impact, and reputational impact.
- Leads the IRT team and establish a command centre in time of crisis, disaster or a security issue.
- Builds relationships with, alerts, collaborates, and complies with local and global authorities (public law enforcement, fire and other agencies) related to security. Cooperate with other agency personnel that may become engaged in an investigation (police departments, other corporate security or legal organisations). Develop plans for the detection of wrongdoing.
- Responsible for maintaining a network of liaisons across all locations to execute safety and security practices.
- Develops and oversees security, emergency response, and travel policies, procedures and training for operations in Europe. Monitors environmental changes and adjust policies with key stakeholders, including IT, Operations, Facilities, Finance, Human Resources and Legal.
- Develop and manage process for review and evaluation of organisational readiness. Ensure that adequate systems are in place to measure and report losses, recoveries, and incidents/
- Reviews and recommends security and safety metrics, including preventative equipment and audits security equipment condition.
- Oversee investigations of suspected losses and/or co-worker or visitor wrongdoing (theft, drug use, abusive behaviour). Provide thorough reports to management regarding the results of the investigations including recommendations for process improvement to prevent future risk of loss.
- Up to date on industry standards, trends, and innovation relating to safety, security, and business continuity. Able to educate the business on best practices and threat response. Ensure processes are consistent with best business practices.
- Identify threats via up to date methods such as social media mining