Business Continuity Planner
- Published: Thursday, 13 February 2020 08:49
Location: US, MD, Rockville
Company: ZeniMax Media Inc.
The Business Continuity Planner is responsible for providing support to ZeniMax’s Business Continuity Planning efforts and is a member of the Rockville Emergency Management Group (EMG). Responsible for improving organizational resiliency to catastrophic business interruptions ensuring critical operations can continue or are resumed as quickly as possible. Assists all Emergency Management Executive Committee (EMEC) as needed with organization of and adherence to project milestones and deliverables for planning, training, and exercising activities.
- Coordinates the efforts of the emergency management team regarding Business Continuity/ Disaster Recovery Planning.
- Maintains, on an on-going basis, all ZeniMax family of companies’ business continuity plans by ensuring users are inputting essential data into each BCP and revising the information as needed.
- Reports the business continuity status of business units to Executive Management.
- Monitors various BCP websites for applicable information (e.g., FEMA, CDC).
- Ensures key members of our BCP teams are trained (e.g., floor wardens, damage assessment personnel, etc.).
- Facilitates operational risk assessments, business impact analysis, business continuity strategy and actionable plan development in accordance with program standards.
- Collaborates with divisional and enterprise teams to establish, maintain and mature program processes and practices to ensure that the program aligns with industry standards and meets regulatory requirements.
- Plans, coordinates, and facilitates tabletop and functional business continuity exercises for various scenarios that provides the opportunity to remediate gaps in plans.
- Maintains the corporate-wide disaster recovery testing plan document.
- Ensures the EMEC conducts a tabletop exercise at least annually. This includes ensuring that 1) the exercise is documented, 2) critiques of the assessments are documented with success or failure, 3) lessons learned are recorded, and 4) corrective actions are conducted based on the results.
- Develops exercise objectives, scenarios, and evaluation standards for multi-disciplinary participants in accordance with Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program guidance (HSEEP).
- Ensures recovery teams conduct annual tests of their critical processes/applications and documentation is completed.
- Provides education on business recovery planning to staff members.
- Coordinates the planning process with all appropriate local, state, federal, and private agencies to develop and exercise emergency plans.
- As a member of the Business Continuity Management Committee, and the Emergency Management Group and, therefore, has responsibilities as outlined in our Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Plan.
- Prepares and staffs Emergency Operations Center (EOC) during exercises and emergencies.
- Develops and facilitates plan-specific training on business continuity/ disaster recovery plans and procedures.
- Integrates and evaluates emergency plans and procedures through drills and exercises.
- Performs related duties as required.