Senior Business Continuity Analyst
- Published: Thursday, 26 March 2020 08:35
Location: US, AZ, Tempe
Company: BNP Paribas
Through minimal management oversight and acts independently to determine methods for developing and maintaining business continuity and disaster response plans to facilitate the recovery of specific critical processes and applications in the event of a significant business disruption. Assesses both financial and non-financial impacts of a critical process or application on the critical business units by initiating and maintaining a Business Impact Analysis (BIA).
- Develops and implements an annual plan for all business continuity and disaster planning requirements, including BIA, plan preparation, planning review and approval, training, exercises, and reporting and maintains an overall Pandemic Plan.
- Schedules, communicates and monitors annual BC testing cycle requirements with BC Team members to plan, conduct and maintain enterprise-wide Business Impact Analysis Surveys and Business Recovery and IT Recovery Plans to ensure plans reflect critical recovery strategies and accurate recovery time objectives for the Bank’s recovery during a declared disaster.
- Develops and test the Bank’s crisis response and disaster recovery capabilities in each of the Bank’s business areas, to include the primary business lines, operations and systems and key back office operations.
- Assists BC Manager to assess business continuity risk to the Bank in key business areas and provides recommendations to mitigate risk and implements solutions as directed by senior management.
- Establishes crisis recovery testing methodologies; plans and coordinates the testing of recovery support and business resumption procedures in different functional areas to ensure the recovery procedures are effective.
- Assists BC Manger with the development of emergency response and crisis management procedures; publishes and updates procedures to reflect changes in staff, location, and organization and provide training to stakeholders.
- Assists recovery support and business resumption staff during a crisis in the implementation of response and business resumption and operating strategies.
- Actively participates in decision making with the BC Manager, generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo.