Business Continuity Management Specialist
- Published: Thursday, 14 May 2020 06:52
Location: US, NJ, Berekely Heights
Company: BMO Financial Group
The Business Continuity Management Specialist provides support to an assigned business/group regarding Business Continuity and Problem/Event/Recovery Management Frameworks. Includes enhancing processes and protocols and providing subject matter expertise and guidance to mitigate risk. Participates in the development, implementation, and maintenance of Business Continuity Planning (BCP) Projects and Recovery Capabilities for the designated jurisdiction and business/group. Works with designated groups to ensure critical processes are in place in the event of a significant business interruption. Ensures Business Continuity Planning/Event Management compliance with internal/external regulatory policies and guidelines and provides frequent and consistent status reporting.
- Provides guidance for mid-sized to large enterprise-wide BCM initiatives and event management incidents.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Leads the development, maintenance and management of the LOB Incident Management and Recovery Process.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal & external stakeholders to execute work and fulfill service delivery expectations.
- Represents business/group on jurisdictional / enterprise response, recovery and status team in the event of a business interruption incident.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Manages databases and provides support for analysis, forecasting and/or data visualization, ensuring adherence with data governance standards.
- Coordinates the management of databases; ensures alignment and integration of data in adherence with data governance standards.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Ensures quarterly reporting deliverables and participates in the presentation of results and trend reporting for management review.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Initiates and manages the event status monitoring and reporting.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Manages BCP/Event Management/Disaster Recovery programs.
- Supports the implementation of the Business Continuity, Problem/Event/Recovery Management Frameworks for designated businesses/groups.
- Provides guidance & support to senior leaders on the development of Business Continuity, Problem/Event/Recovery plans.
- Coordinates the implementation and facilitation of BCP solutions, including developing & maintaining business continuity documents.
- Participates in the development, maintenance and management of the business/group Problem Event Management and Recovery Process.
- Works with internal stakeholders to manage the business continuity plan review, training and testing requirements.
- Supports the business/group with business continuity impact assessments.
- Coordinates the responses of the affected business units as required by the business/group event management team.
- Ensures communication between business units and the business/group event management team.
- Ensures that all business continuity plans, and testing conform to industry regulations and requirements.
- Works with technology support groups to ensure all internally and externally hosted applications that are required to support the individual business in the event of a significant business interruption have been identified and are tested in accordance with standards.
- Keeps abreast of business continuity planning industry standards and best practices as well as regulatory trends as well as Federal Financial Institution Examination Council (FFIEC) guidelines.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.