Expert Business Continuity Management Specialist
- Published: Thursday, 14 May 2020 06:57
Location: US, CA, San Francisco
Company: Pacific Gas and Electric Company
The Business Continuity Management Specialist supports the team responsible for ensuring the company can effectively respond to and recover from catastrophic events. Supports the development and administration of planning tools, training, exercises, and facilities to support the continuity of business operations and response to emergencies at PG&E. Team members maintain strong working relationships with PG&E units that must recover from or respond to emergencies, as well as with external emergency response agencies.
- Review most complex plans to identify deficiencies that must be addressed and provide guidance on solutions that would address issues identified. Guide and coach plans specialist on technical quality control issues.
- Independently provide guidance, support and information to assigned field groups preparing the most complex plans; provide guidance on plan and exercise recordkeeping for all plans and exercises; provide consulting coverage to other department personnel during vacations and other leave; and provide consultation and guidance within scope of knowledge, and linkages to other team members when appropriate. Coach and teach more junior specialists on technical issues and providing effective consulting service.
- Guide the development of annual functional Company exercise design and execution to maximize the learning experience and value to participants and the company. Actively participate on exercise development teams. Assist Senior in preparing required reports and documentation following an event.
- Provide guidance to other team members and contribute technical information for templates and plans. Critically review and enhance all department plans before approval by Manager. Maintain linkages with other organizations and guide enhancements to templates and plans and anticipate changing business requirements.
- Lead complex department initiatives that impact multiple organizations or materially change PG&E's Business Continuity/Emergency Planning functions. Responsibility will be to design, budget, execute and evaluate initiatives based on guidance and work direction from the Manager, and to guide the Senior in implementing less complex initiatives.
- Identify the need for standards and policies, and define content and scope. Facilitate multi-departmental teams as needed to develop and finalize standards and policies requirements. Supporting the manager, envision and design new programs to support the BCEP function, develop budgets and project timelines, and track implementation to facilitate success.
- Lead rotating on-call to support activation and operation of the EOC; serve in a branch leadership command staff or advisory role in the EOC, AEOC or other locations as directed during a full activation.
- Deliver ad hoc training to support all programmatic areas, and be qualified and prepared to deliver Incident Command System (ICS) training if required.
- Maintain relationships with management throughout PG&E to facilitate a network of experts in all facets of the business. Maintain a presence with external organizations in cooperation with the manager to support benchmarking and best practice activity.
- Design metrics and reports to monitor implementation of business continuity and emergency planning programs; with Manager, prepare reports for senior management; guide other team members in effective measurement of program.
- Provide financial analysis and support of all groups within Corporate Security, including working with business analyst to track costs, coordinating and facilitating budget and planning process, and assisting Managers and Director in addressing exceptions and issues.