Business Continuity Support Analyst
- Published: Thursday, 14 May 2020 07:02
Location: Australia, Sydney
Company: Gain Capital Australia Pty Ltd
The role encompasses mission critical support for our trading systems including (but not limited to) application testing, automation, project management, software deployment and configuration, system monitoring, and support of production trading desks.
- Provide level 2 support of our trading systems.
- Escalate issues to other teams as appropriate by providing detailed log analysis ,replicating issues in production or test environments that bring the development team up to speed quickly on the problem without the need for them to conduct a level one / level two analysis themselves.
- Document outages along with taking active role in Incident and Problem Management and interact with development teams to drive permanent resolutions.
- Constantly liaise with the Traders on the trade desk to allow full immersion in the trading workflows
- Create/enhance tools to make operational workflows more automated and less error-prone.
- Add to the monitoring infrastructure at Gain Capital to allow more proactive detection of problems and issues.
- Identify risks and provide guidance around timing of changes and releases.
- Investigation of user queries via log file and process interaction, e.g. order issues, flow breaks, booking issues and Pricing.
- Interrogate SQL Server databases for investigations using simple and complex SQL queries.
- Working Closely with IT Release Management, QA, Dev and Infrastructure teams for software and scripts roll outs in using best practices from IT Service Management/ITIL
- Constant interaction with front, middle and Back office Teams.
- Interaction with Offshore teams and be able to communicate issues effectively and with clarity.
- Develop small utilities and console-based applications and constantly look to automate mundane and laborious manual tasks either via scripting languages like python or PowerShell or programming language such as C# or using Sql Scripts.