Business Resilience Manager
- Published: Tuesday, 19 May 2020 09:14
Location: UK, Kemble Court
Company: Thames Water
As the Business Resilience Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the business has a clear understanding of both internal and external risks and the impact this can have on its operation and the service provided to our customers. You will need to ensure clear and cost-effective plans are developed to mitigate these risks and provide an informed response to build business resilience.
Through these plans and working with stakeholders you will be required to improve the external perception of Thames Water as a professional, resilient and prepared organisation.
You will be accountable for ensuring strong relationships are built and maintained with internal and external stakeholders to enable effective risk management and mitigation in line with regulatory requirements (i.e. SEMD) and internal resilience standards.
You will act as the external face of Thames Water’s Business Resilience function, building and maintaining relationships with LRFs, Local Councils and resilience-based forums to support the work of the Emergency Planners and Business Resilience Leads - managing stakeholders, partners and other third parties in alignment with the external affairs team.
- Act as the lead for relationships with Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (DEFRA), Environment Agency (EA) and Drinking Water Inspectorate (DWI) in relation to business resilience.
- Accountable for the effective performance management and development of the Business Resilience team, in line with the competency framework.
- Ensuring auditable risk logs are maintained to support business resilience, mitigation planning and implementation across Thames Water, relating to but not limited to, the Civil Contingencies Act, SEMD regulations, CPNI etc.
- Responsible for planning and preparing for large scale external events which may impact business resilience, continuity or incident response i.e. the Olympics, Brexit etc.
- Accountable for ensuring business continuity plans are in place across the business in line with the strategic policies.
- Accountable for the provision of internal business resilience policies, plans, procedures, and guidelines, reflecting external regulatory change, and managed in line with business standards, quality and compliance measures.