Manager - Operational Risk, Enterprise Risk and Resilience Division
- Published: Tuesday, 19 May 2020 09:22
Location: UK, London
Organization: Bank of England
Reporting to the Head of Operational Risk and Resilience, the jobholder will lead work to assess and report, as well as prompting mitigation of, the Bank’s most material operational risks.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assessing process risk across the Bank and ensuring that “out of tolerance” risks are identified and escalated appropriately to Executive Risk Committee; Governors; Audit and Risk Committee; and Court;
- Undertaking second line challenge for a number of the Bank’s ‘operational’ risks as set out in the Bank’s risk taxonomy: process, people, legal, data, third party, health and safety, model risk and technology (non-cyber);
- Working closely with the Frameworks, Analytics and Data team, developing and presenting metrics to support challenge of the Bank’s operational risks;
- Contributing to the drafting and production of Risk Reports for the Bank’s Executive Risk Committee; Governors; Audit and Risk Committee; and Court;
- Driving the risk agenda by undertaking “deep dives” into thematic risks (e.g. data; people risks);
- Embedding effective risk management and culture across first line business areas, e.g. through the use of risk management tools such as Risk and Control Self-Assessment; and
- Acting as line manager to a Scale F analyst and supporting the Head of Operational Risk and Resilience in running the operational risk part of the Operational Risk and Resilience Team.