Business Continuity Programme Manager
- Published: Thursday, 25 June 2020 07:49
Location: UK, Sutton
Organization: Sutton Council
The Safer Sutton Partnership Service (SSPS) is a unique partnership between the London Borough of Sutton (LBS) and the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS). The partnership deals with all aspects of Community Safety Services in Sutton; including Emergency Planning, Anti-Social Behaviour, Domestic Violence, Preventing Extremism, Hate Crime, Public Space CCTV, parking services and enforcement.
The SSPS is a department within the Environment, Housing and Regeneration Directorate of the London Borough of Sutton and is looking to fill the vacancy for the post of Business Continuity Programme Manager.
In accordance with central government directives, the London Borough of Sutton is making provision to ensure it has the capability and resilience to support local communities and businesses in respect of two key areas; the UK’s departure from the EU and the ongoing recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic.
Sutton Council islooking for a manager who has the skills and experience necessary to take a lead role in relation to these issues: the impact of the emerging ‘Brexit’ process working collaboratively with Council officers, stakeholders and partners, and local communities, ensuring there is effective communication and information sharing, and the unfolding recovery and ongoing preparedness required as a result of the spread and circulation of Covid-19.
Skills and experience
- Effective problem solving skills and confident decision making.
- Ability to challenge and critically evaluate information and data, considering the bigger picture and wider implications to the service and Council.
- The ability to confidently and effectively communicate with various audiences.
- The ability to write and deliver strategic reports and presentations that effectively articulate key messages.