Senior Program Manager, Business Continuity
- Published: Thursday, 25 June 2020 07:58
Location: US, CA, Pleasanton
Workday was founded to put people first and that’s why the Workday Continuity mission is to uphold its core values - no matter what. Workday is disrupting the old-school business continuity program with an innovative, agile approach focused on preparedness and recoverability.
Reporting to the VP, Business Technology Strategy & Operations, the Business Continuity Management (BCM) Program Manager is responsible for assessing and exercising the Critical Services and Global Crisis Management process, and maintaining relevant plan documentation. In collaboration with cross-functional peers, the BCM Program Manager will focus on increasing awareness and adoption of the Workday Continuity framework to ensure business objectives are achieved while minimizing organization impacts and disruptions; they will be an advocate for Business Continuity across the company. The role is highly visible, requiring regular Senior Management Team interaction as well as advanced organization, management, and communication skills given the varied nature of the programs and stakeholders involved.
- Framework evolution; support the ongoing development of the Workday Continuity framework through development of content, tools, templates, and processes
- Maintain category heat map and stakeholder matrix to ensure appropriate visibility and stakeholder alignment
- Obtain external benchmarking to ensure that the framework and roadmap align with top standards of preparedness
- Facilitate BCM steering committee meetings and drive engagement with key stakeholders
- Facilitate discussions cross functional leaders to identify, analyze and resolve gaps in preparedness and recoverability
- Policy creation, documentation validation, and facilitation of recurring BCP table exercises
- Conduct ongoing Critical Service Assessments (CSA) that consist of traditional Business Impact Analysis (BIA) activities and a newly introduced Capability Assessment used to calculate Recovery Time Objectives (RTO), Preparedness, and Recoverability.
- Facilitate conversation to identify, analyze, and resolve gaps identified in the CSA
- Collaborate with customer-facing teams to respond to and track business continuity inquiries in a timely manner
- Assist, as needed, with internal and external audit assessments
- Assist, as needed, with customer and prospect meetings
- Support Sales teams when BCM related contractual requirements are being considered
- Facilitate Critical Service Tabletop Exercises focused on bolstering preparedness and recoverability
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to establish the plan for business functions to respond, recover and thrive
- Assist with facilitating Global Crisis Management (GCM) Exercises to enable Workday Continuity Capabilities and key stakeholders to communicate and take action during a crisis
- Assist with Comprehensive Continuity Exercises addressing complex scenarios that involve the Global Crisis Management process and multiple Critical Services
- Serve on the Global Crisis Management teams in a backup role.