Senior Associate, Business Continuity Lead
- Published: Thursday, 25 June 2020 08:53
Location: US, NY, New York
Company: New York Life Insurance Co
The Business Continuity Lead manages the business continuity planning process supporting organizations across the enterprise. The main purpose is to directly engage with the business in the development, management, testing, and continuous improvement of business continuity plans. The Business Continuity Lead drives stakeholders in the implementation of corporate resilience standards, processes, and procedures. The Business Continuity Lead’s overall responsibility is to reduce risk by ensuring a state of readiness to respond to any potential business disruption, impacting operations of employees, data center, worksite, or third party, including pandemics.
This position will leverage industry knowledge and best practices to drive implementation of necessary improvements to maintain compliance, enhance capabilities, and mature services supporting the enterprise across business continuity, disaster recovery, and incident management.
- The Business Continuity Lead will manage Business Continuity Coordinators and work directly with other key stakeholders, including risk officer, business leaders, and Technology in the overall execution of the business continuity planning processes.
- Coach and support Business Continuity Coordinators and organizations in the development, management, approval, testing, and continuous improvement of continuity plans.
- Leverage and educate stakeholders on corporate standards, processes, and procedures.
- Provide input on the improvement of corporate standards, processes, and procedures.
- The Business Continuity Lead will support and provide expertise to the development, approval, and publishing of integrated business continuity related Resilience program governance documentation.
- Support the development, approval, publishing processes for documentation covering recovery strategies, methodologies, and solutions, policies, standards, plans, processes, procedures, and supporting educational material.
- Support the application of corporate templates, identify documentation gaps, and integrate references between related documents.
- Hold partner organizations accountable for supporting necessary activities.
- Leverage industry knowledge and experience and standards and best practices to improve output.
- Provide input on related disaster recovery and incident management corporate standards, processes, and procedures.
- The Business Continuity Lead will manage recovery exercise planning and execution coordination. This includes planning and executing recovery exercises such as tabletops, walkthroughs, simulations, etc. across business continuity, disaster recovery, and incident management areas.
- Coordinate with partners and business constituents to schedule and execute resilience related tests, simulations, tabletops, and live exercises to achieve successful results.
- Develop training and educational materials and programs to raise awareness, create clarity, and develop competency across the enterprise regarding business continuity, incident management, and disaster recovery.
- Manage continuous improvement processes and driving closure to identified lessons learned from resilience related tests, exercises, and simulations.
- Report test, exercise, and simulation results to senior management.
- The Business Continuity Lead will support resilience related projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Support projects and initiatives related to the management of business continuity, incident management, and disaster recovery.
- Support the integration of business continuity, incident management, and disaster recovery related tasks across supporting processes such as Change Management, Release Management, Problem Management, ITIL processes, and PMO processes such as SDLC.
- Support other projects and processes as applicable, Risk Management, Knowledge Management, Operations, CMDB, etc. to continually mature recovery capabilities.