Director Governance and Risk
- Published: Thursday, 25 June 2020 09:04
Location: Australia, Melbourne
Organization: Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency
The Director, Governance and Risk is responsible for managing and continuously improving ARPANSA’s risk-informed integrated planning, performance and governance framework. This framework provides a sound basis for decision making, defines mechanisms for accountability and stewardship, ensures alignment of strategic priorities and operational activities, and promotes a culture of high performance within ARPANSA. This role is responsible for implementing the requirements of the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (PGPA Act) and includes management of corporate planning, performance evaluation, and systems of risk oversight and internal control, including business continuity management. The role is also responsible for providing leadership, management and direction to the agency’s project management framework, quality system, and protective security program. The role is pivotal in facilitating the integration of these functions across ARPANSA and managing the development and implementation of associated strategies, including any change management requirements. The role is the Chair of the Project Management Advisory Group and an observer of the Audit and Risk Committee.
- Plan, manage and lead ARPANSA’s integrated planning, performance and governance framework to ensure the agency meets its obligations under the PGPA Act and achieves its strategic objectives;
- Drive the development, implementation and adoption of best practice policies, processes and systems relating to quality management, project management, risk management, business continuity and protective security;
- Provide strategic advice, problem solving and issues management for ARPANSA’s Executive Group on a range of complex matters relevant to the role to support agency decision making and deliver optimal business outcomes;
- Promote a culture of high performance, accountability and continual improvement within ARPANSA through the provision of expert advice and positive working relationships;
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to the Governance and Risk Team, including developing business plans, budgets, strategies and priorities, and monitoring workflow and performance.