Director, Business Continuity
- Published: Tuesday, 30 June 2020 08:45
Location: US, CA, San Francisco
Organization: The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
The Director of Business Continuity applies executive presence, crisis management expertise and business acumen to govern the contingency planning lifecycle resulting in enhanced resiliency when the Bank is faced with critical incidents impacting operations, people, and facilities. This role provides strategic direction and guidance to the organization’s business continuity and crisis management programs by achieving close working relationships with business lines with a focus on critical operations throughout the Bank. The Director oversees intelligence-based assessment of risk and threat scenarios, and the execution of a robust exercise program. This role also plays a key role nationally in the Federal Reserve System by leading support services on shared business continuity applications for continuity planning and crisis notification systems.
- Requires broad and comprehensive understanding of diverse concepts, theories, practices and interdependencies of the Bank’s functions. Contributes ideas and direction to the overall leadership of the organization. Aligns diverse stakeholders in the pursuit of collective goals and shared outcomes. Build effective relationships and must be forward thinking.
- Leads and provides guidance and strategic direction to subordinate professional staff, senior management, Bank executives and other business functions in determining requirements for robust business continuity and resiliency. Facilitates cross-functional collaboration. Anticipates long-term impact of planned changes within functional area on Bank.
- Executes function strategy through formation of department policies, plans, and priorities, which ensures business continuity and crisis management meet Bank and FRS standards and procedures. Identifies continuity risks in the activities of the Bank and makes technical and operational recommendations to executive leadership to minimize risks.
- Provides strategic leadership and subject matter expertise across all functions of the Bank. Responsible for setting strategy, aligned with Bank priorities, and driving performance on key deliverables directly impacting both District and System resilience. Monitors performance against standards and Bank/System metrics for business continuity.
- Leverages a high performing team of professional analysts serving as subject matter experts in Business Continuity and Crisis Management. Ensures resources are trained consistent with industry standards and services are delivered with timeliness and professionalism. Manages department budget.
- Provides expert leadership and subject matter advice on Federal Reserve System initiatives and exercises.
- Capability to perform under pressure; managing multiple priorities with competing demands for resources. Remains optimistic, and takes on challenges that others consider difficult.
- Leads project work of varying complexity and priority. Looks beyond presenting data, existing methodologies and own discipline to define the root cause and resolve diverse, complex problems. Takes an enterprise view in making and communicating decisions.
- Actively participates with the Bank’s Crisis Management Team (CMT); assists the CMT Chair during crisis events; develops and executes training and awareness programs on Business Continuity and Crisis Management processes; Ensures business unit, business continuity plans are integrated and risk-based; provides advice to business units on continuity processes and plans.
- Maintains the operational readiness of Bank relocation plans, procedures, and facilities.
- Represents the Bank to both internal and external partners.