Manager, Business Continuity
- Published: Thursday, 09 July 2020 08:41
Location: US, AR, Fort Smith
The Manager, Business Continuity is responsible for developing, maintaining and testing the company’s business continuity program and provides central coordination for the company’s response to any crisis event. This position’s primary goal is to identify, document and test business needs against the company’s infrastructure and identify recovery strategies and gaps.
- Oversee the creation of an enterprise-wide business continuity plan. Creation includes identifying gaps and developing a roadmap for achieving a highly functioning continuity plan.
- Research, coordinate with IT and implement business continuity plan software.
- Review and update the business continuity plan on a regular and continual basis.
- Complete crisis management plans (component of business continuity plan) for each type of crisis including communication templates and determination of responsible executive team to initiate the plan.
- Incorporate the existing ABTech disaster recovery plan into the overall business continuity plan.
- Work with business unit management to enhance continuity and crisis plans, mitigating the effect of a technology system, application failure or other problem.
- Conduct and/or coordinate the regular testing of the business continuity plan, document results and utilize results to remediate deficiencies and improve performance.
- Participate in external business continuity management organizations and continuing education programs to stay abreast of trends and industry best practices.
- Lead the coordination of response and recovery activities and communicate the status in the event of an incident. This is the central role for coordination of all activities.
- Communicate to employees on the actions and responsibilities required under the various crisis scenarios.
- Create and administer training and awareness materials on the topic of business continuity and resiliency.
- Attend meetings with senior management and update them regularly and upon request, on the status of Business Continuity and Disaster/Crisis Recovery.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.