IT Service Continuity Manager
- Published: Tuesday, 28 July 2020 09:13
Location: UK, Various
Organization: National Crime Agency
The role of the IT Service Continuity Manager is focused on working to reduce risk of IT disruption that could seriously impact the delivery of NCA IT services. They will ensure risk is managed to an acceptable level by preventative activity and maintaining plans for the recovery of IT services.
The IT SC Manager will be the agency’s ITSCM SME and therefore act as the single point of contact/authority on ITSCM. The ITSCM Manager will split time between preventative activity and maintaining recovery plans. There is also an expectation that they would provide technical SME expertise during incidents.
The ITSC Manager will be part of the DDaT Operate and Defend team and will report up through DDaT management but will also need to engage with the Business Continuity management structure within NCA Tasking.
- Develop, implement and manage a sustainable approach to IT Service Continuity Management (ITSCM) with involvement from stakeholders
- Oversee the testing of recovery plans, from initial report to remediation
- Ensuring that ITSCM is promoted across current and future projects
- Promote awareness of ongoing major changes and how they affect ITSCM efforts
- Attend Business Continuity Steering Committee meetings to provide input from a technical aspect
- Create and provide training and promotional materials related to IT Service Continuity/IT Disaster Recovery for line managers and staff
- Act as an internal Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for the NCA and as an external SPOC for organisations dependent on NCA services.
- Own and maintain an IT Service Continuity (IT DR) strategy and policy and supporting documentation. Ensure annual review and sign off by top management in accordance with ISO22301 audit requirements
- Feed IT Service Continuity requirements into relevant DDaT areas / respond to queries
- Analyse the BIA returns from the business to be able to publish the annual IT Prioritisation Library
- Maintain an accurate assessment of threats and risks to IT Service Continuity, commissioning specific studies/deep dives as required
- Report against performance of testing, current risks and general assurance levels up through governance groups
- Brief and train the IT incident response team, maintaining readiness to respond to disruptive IT incidents
- Perform post incident (or near miss) reviews and report to management.
- Work alongside the NCA’s Business Continuity Manager.