Business Continuity Planner
- Published: Tuesday, 28 July 2020 09:59
Location: US, KS, Hutchinson
Company: Data Center Inc
The Business Continuity Planner is responsible for providing the overall coordination of DCI's Business Continuity Plan efforts and is a member of the Emergency Management Team (EMT). Responsible for improving organizational resiliency to catastrophic business interruptions ensuring critical operations can continue or are resumed as quickly as possible. This position works closely with DCI's technical teams to coordinate testing activities.
- Coordinates the efforts of the Emergency Management Team in regard to Business Continuity Planning.
- Coordinates cross departmental teams during actual and simulated incidents.
- Maintains, on an on-going basis, the Business Continuity Plan by ensuring users are inputting essential data into the BCP software and revising the information as needed.
- Maintains the corporate-wide disaster recovery testing plan document.
- Reviews our vendors business continuity plans and testing as part of our vendor management due diligence.
- Ensures the EMT conducts a tabletop exercise at least annually. This includes ensuring that 1) the exercise is documented, 2) critiques of the tests are documented with success or failure, 3) lessons learned are recorded, and 4) follow-up activities are conducted based on the results.
- Ensures recovery teams conduct annual tests of their critical processes/applications and documentation is completed.
- Provides education on business recovery planning to staff members.
- Maintains the BCP software and provides training and assistance to the users of the software.
- If a BCP software change becomes necessary, leads the due diligence and selection process of the new software.
- Ensures a Business Impact Analysis is conducted at least every 2 years, or when major changes occur.
- Reports the business continuity status of business units to Executive Management.
- Monitors various BCP websites for applicable information (e.g., FEMA, CDC).
- Ensures key members of our BCP teams are trained (e.g., floor monitors, damage assessment personnel, etc.).
- Ensures relationships are maintained with community and emergency personnel.
- Ensures annual drills are conducted and documented.
- Is a member of the Business Continuity Management Committee, and the Emergency Management Team and, therefore, has responsibilities as outlined in our Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Plan.