Technical Business Continuity Manager
- Published: Friday, 31 July 2020 06:55
Location: UK, Plymouth
Organization: HM Land Registry
HM Land Registry is looking for a Technical Business Continuity Manager to join its Digital, Data and Technology team.
- As Technical Business Continuity Manager; you will work alongside the Lead Infrastructure Team and will be responsible for developing, maintaining and testing the organisations technical business continuity plans.
- You will support all business plan activities necessary to enable the organisation to manage a technical crisis event, as well as meet compliance requirements for Business Continuity Planning. One of your primary goals will be to Identify, document and test business needs against the organization's infrastructure and identify recovery strategies and gaps.
- You will work with all business areas to develop and maintain a corporate wide technical Business Continuity Plan that addresses technical recovery and emergency response management. You will be required to design and outline Business Continuity Planning goals, objectives, scope and processes for organisational business plans.
- In conjunction with Lead Infrastructure Engineers and Service Design and Transition specialists, you will liaise with key infrastructure teams to identify gaps, set recovery times objectives and convey business needs / expectations. You will be expected to assure delivered systems / solutions and changes against design expectations and architectural principle in relation to business continuity expectations
- You will provide technical advice and guidance to the team and wider technical community on a range of business continuity related topics. Whilst in role, you will also provide leadership and technical guidance in line with operational processes, strategy and standards that ensure the availability, performance, reliability, security and integrity of computerised data across all technical platforms.
- You will need to work with key IT partners and suppliers to develop, test and implement new solutions, ensuring that the most effective technology is used to meet business requirements, whilst working with the wider organisational business continuity community to ensure plans meet wider business requirements.
- Successful candidates will also act as a reference point for technical business continuity and will provide clear communication of how own teams’ work impacts other technical areas, end users and stakeholders.