Senior Manager Business Continuity
- Published: Friday, 31 July 2020 07:37
Location: US, AK, Anchorage
The Senior Manager Business Continuity, through the management of an enterprise-wide business continuity program, enables the business to operate securely, protect its people, defend its assets and preserve shareholder value. The position facilitates the design, development, maintenance, and exercising (testing) of the overall Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery (BC/DR) plans for each critical functional area of the organization. Provide leadership, direction and strategic planning to emergency operations teams. Create and lead the enterprise wide program to ensure internal preparedness and continuity of operations. Integrate business stability and disaster recovery into the organizations business plans and risk tolerance strategy. Leverage organization wide continuity and recovery resources to achieve results.
- Responsible for all aspects of the program including, business impact analysis, risk assessment, recovery strategy, plan building, exercising and crisis response.
- Accountable for supporting operational readiness by facilitating the technology disaster recovery capabilities and state of preparedness, including IT Infrastructure, telecom and network services, Data Center and other back up locations, back up data, applications/systems, desktop support.
- Ensures compliance with industry standards and regulatory requirements and provides detailed work plans, and status reports; assists business units with staff training.
- Works closely with all business units to coordinate and develop critical business processes to ensure a state of readiness in the event of a disaster or business disruption.
- Responsible for overall enterprise-wide framework and methodology, awareness, training, liaison with external agencies and emergency response organizations.
- Conduct emergency response drills; coordinate/facilitate annual disaster recovery exercises.
- Responsible for hiring, leading, developing and managing the performance by those reporting to this position; establishes and communicates clear performance expectations, makes recommendations for salary increases. Provide timely annual performance reviews to all direct reports, and ensure that all employees within the department receive annual performance reviews on time. Responsible for team results and recommends and /or approves promotions, demotions, transfers or disciplinary actions up to and including termination. Maintains union free workforce through effective communication and regular feedback to employees regarding their performance against expectations, and use of effective performance recognition of groups involved.