Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Senior Analyst
- Published: Thursday, 10 September 2020 07:05
Location: US, NY, New York
Company: Wilson Elser
The Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery (BCP/DR) Senior Analyst role is to ensure the security, integrity, and recovery of core business infrastructure systems, networks, telecom, and applications data across the entire Firm. Responsibilities include designing and implementing disaster recovery processes/solutions, and business continuity procedures for re-establishing servers, databases, and operating systems data and connectivity in the event of a disruption, both minor and catastrophic. This person will also perform and analyze disaster simulations for the prompt restoration of services, and conduct relevant risk management audits where applicable. Protecting the firm’s data and ensuring off site backups/replications are validated and successfully restored on a periodic basis.
- Conduct risk assessments and business impact analyses to identify vulnerable areas within the Firm’s core business functions, systems, and applications
- Recommend and implement disaster avoidance and impact reduction strategies
- Confer with IT department and other key personnel to determine if changes in hardware or software configurations affect disaster recovery plan outcomes
- Direct and coordinate staff efforts to formulate department-specific disaster recovery plans
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of contingency planning and development efforts
- Engage and interact with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to obtain protection services and products
- Develop and establish disaster recovery procedures for the restoration of mission-critical business applications/services in the event of natural disasters, technical failures, power outages, and human interference
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of actual recovery plan implementation and efforts, including initial emergency response, recovery procedures, and business resumption processes
- Develop, implement, maintain, and oversee enforcement of policies, procedures and associated plans for disaster recovery administration and business continuity based on industry-standard best practices
- Inform and train staff members on their responsibilities concerning business continuity procedures and emergency response
- Ensure that company equipment, systems, services, and facility are compliant with disaster recovery plans and procedures
- Ensure the preservation of vital information, data, or media through diligent maintenance of hard copies and backup & recovery solutions
- Continually conduct simulations and test runs of system disruptions in order to revise and perfect recovery and continuity plans
- Assess need for any security reconfigurations (minor or significant) and coordinate their execution when required
- Where appropriate, recommend, schedule, and coordinate the installation of fixes, security patches, and any other measures required in the event of business disruption
- Ensure that crisis communications plan will provide for timely and effective communication with relevant parties.
- Effectively articulate business continuity concepts and methodology to promote program awareness
- Performs daily operations in our environment to backup, recover and archive data. (Servers, snapshots, CIF shares, documents, etc.)
- Perform daily monitoring and management of the backup solution implemented within the infrastructure.
- Monitor backup jobs, execute restore jobs, troubleshoot failed jobs, and initiate corrective action.
- Provide status and progress reports for backup environment related activities and tasks,
- Perform reliable, secure backup and recovery across the enterprise in accordance with our policy and procedures.
- Continuous on-call availability
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as Network Attached Storage (NAS), Disk drives, switches, routers, etc.