Business Continuity Manager
- Published: Tuesday, 15 September 2020 06:57
Location: UK, Salford Quays
To lead the development, implementation and operation of Business Continuity Management arrangements for one or more Lines of Business or support functions; defining and selecting appropriate assurance and contingency solutions accounting for the potential impact on customers, business operation and cost.
Business Continuity Managers are the primary contact for senior leaders in the allocated business areas. They will influence the senior business leaders to assure that the Enterprise Policy requirements are met and the business or function is able to continue in the case of disruptive events.
The role holder will create and exercise plans that ensure operations are able to function during and after events such as natural disasters, terrorism, crime and computer/human error. They will undertake detailed, company-wide business impact analysis and risk assessments that includes IT systems, building facilities, personnel and supply chain.
- Lead the development and maintenance of business preparedness for business continuity / disruptive events across one of more lines of business.
- Work with functional leads and senior leaders across the Lines of Business, leveraging Business Continuity subject matter expertise to identify, define and implement appropriate solutions that account for customers, operational need and cost.
- Ensure businesses and functions have adequate, effective and tested BC strategies in place and that evidence exists to substantiate this.
- Lead and manage all activity for one or more lines of business to ensure compliance with appropriate Enterprise Policy and standards.
- Working with multiple functions and teams to define and co-ordinate a schedule of testing of contingency arrangements (including work area recovery, table-top exercises, crisis management and call tree testing).
- Drive training and awareness activities that ensure the embedding of Business Continuity across the MU.
- Identify, challenge and report gaps between customer expectation of IT recovery against recovery times achievable.
- Support and contribute as a subject matter expert to ISO22301 audit activities, and other internal and external audits as required.
- Use Business Continuity expertise to drive continuous improvement in the Business Continuity Management System and other artefact repositories.
- Support the development of Business Continuity colleagues.