Disaster Recovery Analyst
- Published: Wednesday, 14 October 2020 07:12
Location: US, OH, Columbus
Company: Alliance Data
The position of the Disaster Recovery Analyst works with defined critical applications. The Disaster Recovery Analyst schedules testing of business/disaster recovery capabilities and processes throughout the organization. Responsibilities include the review of all tests to ensure compliance with established policies, procedures, and programs to ensure the business is positioned to recover from a catastrophic event to meet regulatory compliance requirements. The Disaster Recovery Analyst works with stakeholders, third-party vendors, and senior leadership teams to ensure that critical applications, dependencies, and necessary testing are identified, scheduled and verified. The Disaster Recovery Analyst then reviews outcomes of testing and provides reporting, analytical review back to the business continuity management team. The Disaster Recovery Analyst provides guidance to stakeholders, vendors and/or senior leadership in identifying potential mitigations based on testing results.
- Project Management: works with company business units, departments, and critical third party vendors, in order to ensure testing of critical applications and disaster recovery methodology is being adhered to. The Disaster Recovery Analyst ensures the coordination of planning and organization of business continuity recovery projects.
- Quality Assurance: Works with the stakeholders, third-party vendors, and senior leadership to establish a sustainable testing of a business continuity management program for disaster recovery testing. This also includes the development of roadmaps, budget management, input to policy creation/maintenance, the development of a training program and providing governance policies and practices for all processes making up the business continuity management program for disaster recovery testing. Additionally, monitors disaster recovery testing plans to ensure they meet all audit/compliance/regulatory requirements.
- Documentation: Leads the documentation process in order to ensuring processes exist to ensure implementation of the disaster recovery processes and enhancement requests. This includes building out, maintaining and monitoring a change request processes; building out and managing an achievable/reportable timeline; creating and managing processes/policies to support the business continuity management for disaster recovery and provides critical reports to the business continuity management. Maintains documentation for all applications overseen in testing of the business continuity management program for disaster recovery. The Disaster Recovery Analyst provides monthly and quarterly status reports to the Manager, Business Continuity and Crisis Management on the progress of assigned compliance testing.
- Technical Program Support: Participates in assigned projects as a disaster recovery subject matter expert and liaison between the business continuity management program and stakeholders, vendors and senior leadership in order to ensure clear communication between all groups. Responsible for any workflows owned by disaster recovery analyst in the business continuity management program.
- Corporate Partnership: Works with Corporate partners ensuring any information needed at the corporate level is readily available.
- Training: Requirement of continued education, and training in business continuity related topics to maintain subject matter expert status.
- Reports to Manager, Business Continuity and Crisis Management
- Direct Reports: none
- Working Conditions/ Physical Requirements: Normal office environment, travel if necessary to support projects