Regional Emergency/Crisis Manager
- Published: Friday, 16 October 2020 08:29
Location: US, CA, Santa Clara
This position will be based in California, directly supporting California and additional Intel Research Development Sales and Marketing (RDSM) campuses, providing back-up support to peers at other Sites, and will take on additional scope over time.
- Responsible for executing the California-level Emergency Management (EM) Program and processes according to the various Intel Crisis Management (ICM) governance documents.
- Reviews assess and adjust the Site-level EM processes according to the ICM governance documents. Reviews assess and adjust the Site-level EM program to ensure alignment with definitive ICM documents.
- Coordinates yearly risk assessment of the Regional/Site EM, including input from Site Security and Site EHS.
- Partners with Site Security and EHS to complete the annual Region/Site risk assessment, and ensures Site EOC drills reflect the risks noted by their effort.
- Responsible for performing regular cross-organizational drills that reflect the risks noted in the yearly Risk Assessment.
- Responsible for ensuring at least one EOC drill annually, appropriate ERT and Evacuation drills, and supporting individual business units who may need assistance in meeting their Business Continuity drill requirements.
- Works closely with Site Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) to ensure compliance with local or federal laws or codes.
- Ensures the Regional, Site, and Campus Emergency Operations Centers (EOC) are appropriately staffed, trained, responding to any unexpected event.
- Ensures all response teams and templates are accurate and tested within the Intel Emergency Notification System and ensures call lists are audited quarterly.
- Act as coach or mentor to local business units in the execution of their Business Continuity Plan requirements.
- Either owns or partners with the Site or Campus ERT program, depending upon location and is thoroughly familiar with the Corporate ERT Standard.
- Reviews ERT Callouts for proper level and category and conducts post-incident reviews where needed. Keeps ERT leaders informed of global ERT programs, training, and development opportunities.
- Becomes qualified as ERT and EOC instructor for pertinent classes, and leads them as required.
- Provides indicators to the Corporate Crisis Management Program Manager and develops relationships at the corporate response level.
- Drives a close relationship with the Director of the Region/Site/Campus EOC and senior Site management regarding the responsibility to respond to unexpected events.
- Assesses after action performance of the Site's emergency response structure and drives improvement as required.
- May support national or international Crisis Management programs, events, objectives, or other duties as assigned.
- The candidate is required to be available by phone outside of core hours and generally respond to the Site or Campus if necessary.
- Manage and prioritize multiple events and tasks while maintaining the standard of quality.
- Develop meaningful drills and associated training.
- Manage budget and spending in a constrained environment.
- Learn and use existing and future systems and tools used by the Security organization.
- Adhere to a strict Corporate and Security Code of Conduct, maintain strict confidentiality, and follow applicable Privacy laws, policies, and guidelines.
- Follows defined processes and procedures when required.
- Present clearly and confidently to senior Site management.
- The candidate must be willing to cover both expected and unexpected events that will come up at inconvenient times during evenings, weekends, and holidays.