Business Continuity Manager
- Published: Monday, 16 November 2020 09:51
Location: UK, Swindon
The UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) Business Continuity Manager will lead the development, implementation and operation of an effective overarching Business Continuity (BC) programme. You will provide expert advice and leadership to ensure that UKRI has a robust, integrated Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) aligned with the relevant standards and good practice guidelines.
The role will report to the Director of Operations and will work closely with other senior operational professionals, including colleagues in Risk and Assurance, Estates, DD&T and HR to ensure the necessary business continuity capability and resilience is in place across the organization.
- Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of an effective, integrated UKRI Business Continuity programme, based on the UKRI BCM policy and recognised good practice guidelines. This will involve reviewing and refreshing existing processes and protocols and embedding good practice throughout the organization, moving the Councils towards standardisation where appropriate
- Build effective relationships and credibility with senior management, advising on the Business Continuity implications of decisions and highlighting risks and issues as they arise
- Lead the development of the cross-UKRI BC Community, providing coordination between BC Leads and BC forums across UKRI. This will include chairing the cross-UKRI Business Continuity Forum driving agendas and meeting papers and ensuring the effectiveness of meetings
- Define requirements for BCM competency and awareness across UKRI and oversee the development and implementation of a training and awareness programme to address any skills/knowledge gaps
- Oversee the overall Business Continuity Management System.