Program Mgr Business Continuity
- Published: Monday, 16 November 2020 10:02
Location: US, IL, Deerfield
Responsible for providing professional, specialized skills including workforce, workplace and technology continuity planning, project management, risk management, and testing oversight. Assists Director of Business Continuity with facilitating and coordinating Business Continuity services related to the development, implementation and maintenance of Business Continuity plans. Supports the implementation of the company’s Emergency Management process as defined within salient internal guidance.
- Develops and implements Business Continuity awareness efforts to ensure current methodologies, best practices and staff roles and responsibilities are communicated to the business partners.
- Contributes to the implementation of relevant policies and procedures facilitating an effective enterprise Business Continuity program aligned with the goals and targets of the company, the business units, and the shareholders. Recommends improvements to processes. Recommends more efficient/effective ways to mitigate overall risk within the company.
- Collaborates with business units in the assessment of potential business impacts, definition of critical, time-sensitive processes and analyses of required components as defined within the Business Impact Analysis (BIA) standard. Proactively reviews overall information to ensure proactive measures have been implemented to ensure any risk is mitigated where possible. Researches and collects any/all applicable information and intelligence, as required.
- Facilitates the development and on-going review and revision of guides and plans for business continuity within the Risk Management instrument in conjunction with the business units. May conduct risk/threat vulnerability studies and impact assessment and applies to immediate situations.
- Provides support to affected business units during incidents, emergency and crisis situations. Communicates principal information to applicable parties in a timely and concise format, informs of most appropriate alternatives and acts on choices, as appropriate in order to reach an effective program outcome.
- Represents the Business continuity function for new project initiatives as directed by the Director of Business Continuity.
- Leads business continuity plan exercises, ensuring all technical components of the Business Continuity plans are successfully tested, at least annually, or whenever significant changes are made to the components of the plan.
- Participates in the testing of technical recovery plans and disaster recovery solutions testing.
- Performs as SME to the business and the team in the area of business continuity and may mentor less experienced team members in order to grow competency level of the team
- Adheres to program protocol and performs services as dictated by the nature of the assignment. Performs advance work to evaluate overall program functions/activities making choices regarding necessary plan changes/alternatives, as necessary. Evaluates all venues on a pro-active basis and identifies where risk mitigation services are necessary and implements mitigation activity when applicable.