Business Continuity Specialist
- Published: Wednesday, 18 November 2020 10:09
Location: US, AZ, Phoenix
Company: Republic Services
The Business Continuity Specialist will provide support in coordinating, assessing, developing and communicating recovery requirements and contingency plans associated with Republic Services’ business continuity program. This position will interact with critical Corporate and Field business units and support groups for the purpose of planning, directing and maintaining our overall contingency planning effort, including disaster recovery support and event response.
- Provides leadership to stakeholders in coordinating, assessing, developing and communicating recovery environment requirements and contingency plans.
- Collaborates extensively with all Company operations, synthesizing information gathered business continuity and response plans and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, industry standards, and overall Risk Management requirements.
- Assists with the development and monitoring of project management activities to execute all phases of management procedures, continuity scenarios, and contingency plans for systems and networks to maintain operations during downtime and/or major events.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the business processes, assets, facilities, responsibilities, regulatory requirements, and interdependencies of the organization.
- Participates in “active monitoring” of events that may impact operations, including working in the Operations Center.
- Works with the Procurement department to assist with the evaluation of critical vendors and works to ensure contingency plans are developed using a risk-based approach.
- Periodically tests contingency capabilities, reporting deficiencies, and identifying and coordinating the resolution of issues.
- Reviews and updates program materials, including the internal business continuity intranet page to ensure the quality and accuracy of all program documentation is maintained.
- In the event of a disruption, provides support to Company leadership by assisting with event management and incident response teams in the coordination and execution of all business continuity and emergency management plans and related activities.
- This position may require travel up to 15% of the time.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.