Sr. Manager, Business Continuity
- Published: Wednesday, 18 November 2020 10:16
Location: Canada, ON, Richmond Hill
Company: Open Text
Reporting to the Director, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning, you will work together with the various business lines to identify and plan to reduce the Company’s overall risk exposure. As a result, this position requires you to work across a variety of knowledge areas including Business Continuity, Enterprise Risk Management, Investigations, Disaster Recovery and Compliance; manage and communicate with stakeholders by growing and delivering consistent, quality, expertise in these areas in support of Open Text. The position requires flexibility and agility as there are a variety of activities required of this role related to business continuity and resiliency, risk, investigations, and reporting.
- Gaining an understanding of key products and services to inform the business continuity program.
- Facilitating, overseeing, and enhancing the organization’s global Business Continuity and Resiliency Corporate Program
- Ensuring business resiliency, supporting all critical products and services
- Coordination of the Business Continuity Team response to disasters and emergencies from planning through to recovery
- Developing, facilitating, and communicating enterprise–wide event BCP testing and exercises
- Maintaining and enhancing corporate BCP policy, standards, and guidelines
- Guiding and directing staff with responsibilities for Business Continuity to ensure their business continuity processes are in alignment with the organization’s business continuity management program and quality standards
- Supporting Emergency Management response (rotationally)
- Providing BCP and Emergency training for global BCP needs
- Interfacing with IT and facilitating yearly Corporate-wide Business Impact Analysis and communicating with IT regarding IT DR requirements including monitoring of DR testing
- Understanding externally imposed regulations and standards, and address them through BCP-related initiatives and Business Continuity compliance services
- Mitigating corporate loss in an emergency and to oversee a planned recovery after a disaster
- Integrating acquisitions into the BCP program as needed.
- Interacting with customer-facing associates to assess external business continuity customer compliance needs and translating them into internal compliance plans
- Conducting Business Continuity tests in accordance with customer agreements
- Representing Business Continuity for all external audits