Business Continuity Manager
- Published: Tuesday, 30 March 2021 10:44
Location: US, MA, Worchester or Remote
Company: The Hanover Insurance Group
Ensures governance of Business Continuity Planning (BCP), Crisis Management Planning (CMP) and coordinates with Disaster Recovery Planning (DRP) for The Hanover. Ensures procedures are in alignment with Corporate, Industry, and Regulatory Standards and best practices. Ensures the delivery of consistent and effective business continuity (BC) and disaster recovery (DR) services with an emphasis on best practices and increasing levels of maturity. Provides Crisis management support and is responsible for continuous improvement of all BC/DR services. The role provides consultative assistance and thought leadership in a cross-functional environment while working with multiple members of business units. This position ensures the development, maintenance, and testing of business continuity plans and disaster recovery requirements. The candidate in this role uses and maintains common Business Continuity tools such as an automated notification system and a Solution for creating and Maintaining BC plans. This is a full time, exempt role.
- Expert-level knowledge of BC best practices understanding of all aspects of Business Continuity Management, including Disaster Recovery Planning
- Provide Crisis Management support. Required on-call 24x7 for Emergency Response
- Communicate effectively with all levels of Corporation day to day but especially during an incident
- Manage and enhance effectiveness of comprehensive BCP testing program
- Responsible for directing the activities of Business Continuity for the Enterprise
- Provide Expert-level subject matter expertise and technical capabilities in the use of any tools used for BCP/DR planning or Mass communications tool, including currently utilized Send Word Now and Fusion Risk Management solution
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance BCP/DR program
- Foster collaboration with significant business partners focusing on cross-company dependencies, common solutions, and enterprise issues
- Identify and propose solutions to close BCP related audit deficiencies
- Provide subject matter expertise on projects pertaining to Business Continuity Operations through working with and being an active member of project teams
- Liaise with Business Unit Business Coordinators to ensure compliance with standards and support them relative to the creation or maintenance of BCP Plans.