Operational Resilience Leader
- Published: Thursday, 08 April 2021 09:10
Location: UK, Skipton (Currently remote)
Agency: Resource Matters Ltd
This role will lead the client's Operational Resilience team and define its ongoing Operational Resilience strategy, designing and delivering the implementation and embedding of Operational Resilience and Operational Continuity In Resolution (OCIR) activities across business.
You’ll be passionate about wanting a role that will provide you with the opportunity to lead a team, working with business stakeholders, to deliver a broad and varied customer-focused work programme, ensuring that the client continues to build on work already done to enhance their Operational Resilience.
This position will report into the Head of Information Security & Operational Resilience.
- Interpretation of Operational Resilience and OCIR regulatory publications, policy, rules and guidance in a timely manner and effectively incorporated into our strategy and work plans with education for stakeholders.
- Responsible for the shaping, development and maintenance of the Operational Resilience framework methodology and policy with thought leadership aligned to regulatory expectations.
- Own and lead the team and senior stakeholders on the effective delivery of a strategy and supporting working plan for Operational Resilience activities include Important Business Services, Maximum Impact Tolerances, Service Mapping, Stress Testing/Action Planning and Self Assessment.
- Working with pillar and critical process owners, develop and maintain the process for ensuring appropriate resilience metrics are identified, collated, monitored and reported up to Board level to support effective decision making.
- Leverage Operational resilience mapping work to ensure the effective execution of OCIR requirements and completion of relevant Recovery & Resolution plan templates.
- Responsible for ensuring the effective co-ordination of the Operational Resilience Group with preparation and presentation of governance group updates and reports as needed.
- Support the change programme ensuring that Operational Resilience is appropriately represented.
- Co-ordination of and support for business continuity planning across the recovery teams to support the continuation of critical services in the event that crisis management is invoked.
- Support for Business Continuity activities as required, including Work Area Recovery tests and planning, implementation and review of BCP activities when invoked in test or a real scenario.
- Operational Resilience and OCIR considerations in the supply chain are defined with the Supplier Relationship Management team and Key Contacts to ensure appropriate third-party risk management in these areas in line with regulatory expectations.