Business Continuity Program Specialist
- Published: Monday, 03 May 2021 07:44
Location: US, CA, Pasadena
In this specialized role, you will serve as the Business Continuity Program (BCP) Specialist within the Protective Services Division (PSD), Security Operations Section, and will report to the Group Supervisor, Emergency and Continuity Management. This position is responsible for Business Continuity planning for Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL). You will guide BCP processes in all emergency responses, exercises and Emergency Operations Center (EOC) activation drills. You will conduct training for all Laboratory personnel on BCP planning activities.
This position will be accountable for developing, executing and maintaining Business Continuity plans crafted to prepare JPL for continuing essential operations and to recover from disaster disruptions in normal business operations. You will ensure those emergency plans are in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and directives.
- Establish effective liaison and coordination with local, state and federal emergency management agencies.
- Assess Business Continuity readiness, and define logistics, supplies and action lists to address needs. Identify systems and operational problems, and propose solutions (e.g., key policies, positions, training, and strategies).
- Assist functional organizations in resolving critical business and project related processes, acceptable recovery time periods, and resources and records required for the successful resumption of operations, and with developing or updating organizational Emergency Preparedness and Response Plans.
- Develop and conduct education and training for managers and line employees relevant to BCP Operations.
- Participates in local, state, and federal planning and preparedness activities.
- Draft, coordinate, update, and maintain JPL institutional emergency documents to include Business Continuity Plans.
- Conduct other duties as directed by the Supervisor, Emergency and Continuity Management Group.