Business Continuity Manager
- Published: Monday, 07 June 2021 08:27
Location: UK, Glasgow
Organization: Student Loans Company Limited
Closing date: 11th June
The Business Continuity function sits within SLC’s Estates and Sourcing Department, part of the Technology Group directorate.
The Business Continuity function delivers a proactive approach to Business Continuity planning, adoption of best practice and testing of SLC’s BC plans, enabling SLC to be able to continue to operate in the event of a Business Continuity incident.
What’s the job?
The Business Continuity Manager is responsible for developing, maintaining, and testing the Company's business continuity program.
The Business Continuity manager will drive all activities necessary to enable the Organisation to manage a crisis event as well as meet compliance requirements for BCP planning.
The position's primary goals will be to Identify, document and test business needs, identify and implement recovery strategies to ensure that SLC have robust BC plans in place to allow it to continue to operate in the event of a BC incident.
- Work with all business areas to develop and maintain a corporate wide BC program that addresses business recovery and emergency response management
- Manage the BCP Coordinators to develop effective working relationships and documented BCP plans
- Liaise with SMT members across all Directorates to identify gaps, set recovery time objectives and convey business needs/expectations
- Hold business units and their plans to the Enterprise BCP goals and challenge SMT and ELT members on identification of critical functions, RTO needs and BC plan completeness
- Design and outline BCP goals, objectives and scope for business plans and Crisis Management Support and assist in the development of BC planning and goals
- Report to the Business Continuity Steering Committee Meeting and define on-going goals objectives and initiatives
- Ensure Alignment of all BCP planning, initiatives and goals with Organisational goals and Infrastructure capabilities and best practice as per the Institute of Business Continuity
- Develop and execute regular testing programs for all business plans
- Design and facilitate tests and exercises on the business plans and crisis management execution
- Facilitate and support the execution of the plans at the time of a crisis event
- Lead and Facilitate the execution of the SLC MIT BC plan and support the MIT and respective IMT on plan navigation for the business at the time of a BC event
- Guide the Major Incident Team (MIT) and Site Incident Management Teams (IMT) in relation to critical components of the BC plans in order that they can make critical decisions when managing BC incidents
- Provide visibility and reporting to the Business Continuity Steering Group on the critical functions, individuals, and infrastructure within the business plans
- Support the Head of Estates and Sourcing in aligning all BCP planning, initiatives and goals with organisational goals and Infrastructure capabilities
- Identify and make recommendations for solutions to infrastructure obstacles and business challenges
- Provide visibility and reporting to the Head of Estates and Sourcing on the critical components and readiness of the business plans and supporting processes and infrastructure
- Instruct and supervise the annual audit of SLCs BC capability by external experts and produce an update gap analysis and remediation plan for the SLC main board
- Manage the relationship with the external provider of SLCs workplace recovery sites
- Design and Implement the annual test cycle of SCLs workplace recovery sites
- Share best practice and design joint BC plans with DfE, HMRC, DWP, HMPO and H/O