Business Continuity Coordinator
- Published: Monday, 07 June 2021 08:44
Location: US, TX, Austin
Organization: Texas Department of Public Safety
Performs highly-complex to advanced (senior-level) administrative and supervisory business continuity, planning, and research work relating to the Infrastructure Operations Division’s Continuity of Operations Unit. Work involves establishing program goals and objectives; developing guidelines, procedures, policies, rules, and regulations; coordinating and evaluating program activities. May plan, assign, and supervise the work of others. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement.
- Oversee and/or conduct the development, implementation, or evaluation of business continuity strategies, plans, and procedures.
- Plan, assign, and/or supervise the work of others.
- Advise agency officials on planning problems and technical phases of comprehensive planning projects.
- Monitor participation in business continuity plans and programs; provide assistance to agency officials in matters related to the plans and programs.
- Evaluate the effect on and risk to essential business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Serve as liaison with federal, state, and local agencies to coordinate continuity and restoration activities, plans, and services.
- Research and coordinate disaster recovery vendor contracts.
- Coordinate the review and evaluation of risk assessment, business impact analysis plans and planning proposals, and materials from local and regional agencies.
- Prepare business continuity and disaster recovery budgets
- Compose, review, and edit technical and non-technical documents.
- Review and implement legislation.
- Attends work regularly and observes approved work hours in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.