Business Continuity Advisor, Europe
- Published: Friday, 11 June 2021 11:39
Location: Ireland, Dublin
Company: RBC Investor & Treasury Services Ireland Limited
Application deadline: 06/30/2021
What is the opportunity?
The primary purpose is the provide advice and support the delivery of the First Line Of Defence Business Continuity Management (BCM) responsibilities, within the RBC BCM Standards and Lifecycle, for the Investor & Treasury Services (I&TS) Segment. In some global locations, where I&TS is the largest segment, this responsibility extends across all segments (Businesses & Functions) in ensuring RBC Businesses meet the maximum level of preparedness, respond effectively to business disruption events and conform to RBC BCM Standards.
What will you do?
Business Continuity Management
- All aspects of the Business Continuity Lifecycle at Business Level, including:
- Assessment of resilience to risks and exposures
- Planning and documentation of resilience capabilities
- Validating the adequacy of existing resilience capabilities
- Reporting on inherent and residual resilience risks
- Supporting management of the resolution of major incidents and crisis events
- General administration of the program elements
- Coordinates tactical activities of BCM in various European locations including:
- Provide expertise and decision support for the Location Incident Management Teams in Location level application of the Lifecycle
- Remain apprised of environmental and other risks with the potential to disrupt business
- Conduct BCM exercises to validate planning assumptions and test controls (including work area recovery, contact exercises and simulations as required)
- Providing support and coverage, as part of the global team for events regardless of their location
- Identify gaps in application capabilities requirements working with the business and IT to resolve the gap through acceptance, work arounds or an enhancement project
- Provide analysis and insights on platform specific KRI’s to support management reporting and investigate and resolve deficiencies
- Partnering with Enterprise BCM 2LOD teams, Functional teams, Regional and Business Line Executive to create, coordinate and maintain a multi-discipline Incident Management Team to provide a resilient response to incidents
- Track outstanding audit items or regulatory findings relative to the respective business lines, as they relate to BCM, assuring established timelines are met
- Collect impacts from incidents on operational teams, clients and regulators
- Secretary & Information Manager for I&TS Business Regional, or cross- Segment Locational, Incident Management Team, maintaining a working relationship/liaison with other Crisis Management Teams
- Support business change initiatives as it relates to BCM such as Next Gen system, including completion of associated BIA, BCP and required recovery testing
- Support Client engagement for RFI, Due Diligence written and face to face presentation requirements.
- Support the implementation of Regulatory Requirements with initial focus on UK regulations (PS6/21 and PS7/21) and evolving requirements from other regulators.
- Identify important business services (Service Impact Assessment) and map people (linked to additional Enterprise focus on critical employees WFH and concentration), process and technology.
- Set impact tolerances and develop communication plans
- Scenario test our ability to remain with the impact tolerances upon material changes
- Create a self-assessment document and conduct lessons learned exercises.
What do you need to succeed?
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Business Continuity Management
- Sound Financial Services knowledge
- Have experience recommending changes to the recovery strategies of Business and Functional Groups
- Have experience scheduling and overseeing testing exercises
- In the case of a business workplace recovery incident requiring BCP invocation, demonstrable experience providing supervision of triage activities and where previously acted as a liaison between BU/FU affected and senior management as required.
Flexible working options considered.