Global Business Continuity & Crisis Management Manager
- Published: Friday, 16 July 2021 09:09
Location: Netherlands, Amsterdam
The ING Global Center of Expertise BCM & CM is a recently established, small and dedicated team which sits within the Chief Information Security Office (CISO). The objective of the center is to provide oversight and to support local countries by among other things, providing global tooling and facilitating the exchange of good practices. More specifically the center is responsible for (a) standardization of all local BCM and CM practices; (b) providing oversight on quality and performance of local BCM & CM capabilities; (c) supporting senior management with managing global major incidents and crises and (d) taking care of the immediate regulatory reporting process of business disruptive events.
Since the Center of Expertise BCM & CM was only recently established and the ambition level is high, ING is looking for a seasoned BCM & CM manager that is able to further embed the center within the organization. A two year roadmap approved by senior management gives direction to the activities that the center carries out. But there is enough room for your own vision and ideas.
What you’ll do
- Execute the Global BCM and CM roadmap which comprises of topics such as standardizing local BCM processes, selecting and implementing global tooling, enhancing immediate regulatory reporting and further maturing global crisis management;
- Lead the virtual BCM and CM communities and ensure that good practices and lessons learned are shared throughout the ING BCM and CM community;
- Engage with related domains (e.g. physical security, information security, facility management) to ensure BCM and CM are aligned with and connected to other relevant initiatives;
- Participate in the various IT DR communities to ensure that global business needs are met and the implications of recent and future technologies are taken into account in the IT DR strategy and exercises;
- Prepare and/or present proposals, lessons learned, status updates and other senior management meetings such as CISO-MT, COO-MT, Tech-MT, Bank NFRC and MBB;
- Organize global crisis management exercises (MBB and MBB-1 level) and ensure that lessons learned are incorporated into the global crisis management organization;
- Maintain and execute the Global Immediate Regulatory Reporting Process, which includes reporting of significant business disruptive events to regulatory bodies and supervisors (approximately 10 weeks a year on duty which means 24/7 availability);
- Support CISO with maintaining and exercising the major security incident capability;
- Assist local entities with BCM and CM risk measurement as prescribed by methodologies and tooling provided by the 2nd line of defense;
- Represent the Global Center of BCM and CM in the ING BCM Expert Group and externally.