Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Analyst
- Published: Wednesday, 21 July 2021 07:42
Location: US, Remote
Organization: Associated Universities Inc.
Associated Universities, Inc. (AUI) is seeking candidates for an experienced Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BC & DR) Analyst to assist with BC & DR activities across multiple clients. This person will have a passion for technology, experience with complex systems, and can demonstrate experience in business continuity and disaster recovery. The ideal candidate will have a broad skillset and a strong drive to grow and develop their talents to meet client needs. This individual will be hired as a term full time employee for 22 months, or until June 2023.
The BC & DR Analyst will assist in the development, implementation and oversight of client specific Business Continuity and Resilience Programs, including Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Incident and Crisis Management. This includes providing training and awareness on required deliverables, tracking and monitoring for completion, conducting quality assurance reviews and validation testing, and reporting back to management, regulators, and other stake holders, as required. This person may also assist with the incident response team members during a disaster, outage, or exercise.
- Assess, develop, and implement strategic BC & DR Plans and interact and develop relationships with business & technology leaders and other BC & DR stakeholders to further incident response activities.
- Work cross functionally with leadership and client teams to define and implement business impact assessments, coordinate and lead business continuity and disaster recovery tabletops and exercises, identify, and prioritize remediation, and track completion, partner with client team and functional leads to implement and maintain disaster recovery plans and metrics to ensure the security and integrity of client technology and data, and identify program improvements.
- Own remediation items identified in exercises and assessments, collaborating internal and client teams to design new processes and policies that close gaps.
- This position will allow for most of the work to be conducted remotely, with the occasional on-site working meetings at AUI’s office in Vienna, VA.
- In addition, some travel (< 25%) may be required to visit client work sites.