Associate Director, Risk Management, Business Continuity Management
- Published: Wednesday, 21 July 2021 07:49
Location: US, Remote
The Associate Director Risk Management reports to the Director of Risk Management, within the Business Continuity Management (BCM) Program Office. This person is the business partner between BCM and their assigned business processes, responsible for implementation of the Business continuity strategic and operational roadmaps, contributing to the annual Business Continuity Program goals and objectives required to achieve alignment with the company’s strategic direction and risk profile, as well as managing and coordinating the development, maintenance and testing of existing business continuity plans worldwide.
Effective partnership and teamwork with business partners, proactive mindset, and strong written and verbal communication skills are key success factors for this position.
The BCM Business Partner is responsible for managing and coordinating the development of Business Continuity Program for Gilead sites worldwide, collaborating closely with IT Disaster Recovery and Corporate Security teams.
- Execute business continuity strategic and operational roadmaps and program goals and objectives
- Develop and maintain Business Continuity Program documentation, including but not limited to policies, standards, governance model, program procedures, and tools and templates
- Coordinate with site / business functions to perform Business Continuity Program activities such as Business Impact Analysis (BIA) to identify and document recovery requirements for critical business functions / processes
- Coordinate with site / business function to ensure that recovery strategies, as well as Business Continuity (BC) and Crisis Management (CM) plans are developed and tested
- Oversee BC and CM Plan testing and exercising process, procedures, and testing materials
- Track and monitor Risk Mitigation Initiatives (RMIs) and work with business functions towards resolution
- Define, monitor, and gather data to show achievement of key Business Continuity Program performance indicators (KPI)
- Establish or collect documented evidence of compliance to ensure the BC Program is “audit ready”
- Facilitate and manage business continuity-related projects and services performed by external vendors and managed services providers
- In the event of an incident support the coordination and communication of business recovery activities and status communications
- Work closely with BC Program service providers and contingent workers; monitor their adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLAs); deliver effective feedback to ensure high levels of service to internal business partners
- Develop BCM end-user training
- Coordinate with IT DR Program Manager to ensure business requirements are being captured and met accordingly