Manager, Business Continuity Program
- Published: Wednesday, 21 July 2021 07:56
Location: Canada, ON, Waterloo
Company: The Economical Insurance Group
The incumbent will report to the Director, Operational Risk Management, Business Continuity Planning and Crisis Management. The Manager, Business Continuity Program, Enterprise Risk Management is an integral role in the development and implementation of the Enterprise Business Continuity Management program. The Manager will ensure a consistent and robust approach to business continuity planning, and provide guidance and expertise to assist business units towards achieving their targeted levels of continuity planning and recovery objectives.
- Assist in the development and execution of the Enterprise Business Continuity Management program to support the annual BCM strategic objectives.
- Leverage industry best practices in developing, and maintaining tools and templates to support Business Impact Analysis, Risk Assessments, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Incident Management, Emergency Response and Pandemic plans.
- Partner with business areas to review and update their Business Impact Analysis, Risk Assessments and related BCM documentation. Ensure core processes, criticality, interdependencies and resource requirements are identified, with realistic recovery time objectives.
- Work with key organizational resource providers to develop continuity strategies and BCPs to recover essential business functions in the required timeframes. Monitor and report on resiliency capabilities.
- Guide business areas and branches to develop and maintain Business Continuity Plans to ensure the continuity of critical processes.
- Ensure annual updates to the Business Continuity, Crisis Management and Emergency Response Plans.
- Develop and participate in the planning and facilitation of BCP exercises and Disaster Recovery tests ensuring enhancements are reapplied to BCM program
- Develop and deliver the annual BCM awareness campaign.
- Keep abreast of relevant laws and regulations, industry best practices and promote such practices.
- Support the enterprise incident response process. As required, support / lead incident response teams during major incidents. Conduct post incident reviews and develop incident response play books as required.
- Assist in support of the technical design and maintenance of the BCP repository.
- Oversee the development of reports to measure BCM lifecycle progress and business unit preparedness.
- Oversee the monitoring of potential threats (weather, political situations, unrest, health, etc.) and provide escalation when necessary.