Business Continuity Manager
- Published: Friday, 10 September 2021 07:17
Location: UK, London
Company: Marks and Spencer
From co-ordinating the response to incidents across the Group to exercising and testing Business Continuity plans with the Board, the Business Continuity Manager is at the heart of the Marks and Spencer Business Continuity programme.
The role isn’t limited to the UK; it supports the development of an effective Business Continuity Capability across the Group so that the Company’s Corporate Governance requirements are met in full.
Excellent leadership, communication and influencing skills are essentials in order to ensure that all BC stakeholders are actively engaged and understand their roles and responsibilities in the event of a serious incident or crisis.
- Support the maintenance of the Group BC Strategy & Policy in line with significant Threat, Risk & Organisational changes as required by the Head of BC
- Support the BC awareness, understanding & engagement of Senior Stakeholders in the Business Continuity Programme
- Available to support the Head of BC in leading the business response to a Serious Incident or Crisis and deputise as required
- Support the Head of BC as required in ensuring that BC operational procedures & plans are effective, up to date, rehearsed and meet Governance requirements in full
- Support the Head of BC with the successful planning for/responding to foreseeable incidents that significantly interrupt trade and operations across our business e.g Adverse Weather Planning for Summer & Winter
- Support the maintenance of the Group BC Risk Register
- Support the assessment & improvement of BC Capability
- Provide our store management teams with appropriate duty management training and support tools
- Deliver an ongoing Business Continuity CM & BR Training Programme across the Group through Exercising, Desktop Awareness & Training Tools e.g. E-Learning
- Deliver the testing of all National & International Work Area Recovery Facilities (WARF) on an annual basis with appropriate business areas
- Produce and implement the Travel Safe Programme ensuring that all colleagues have access to expert advice & assistance before, during and after business travel, meeting the companies Duty of Care requirements
- Support the completion of all BIA’s annually alongside I.T Service Continuity, to determine business impact and I.T Applications/System restoration priorities/requirements and are in line with business requirements/risks
- Develop a close working relationship with Government Departments, Security Services, Police and Counter Terrorist Agencies
- Progress areas for personal & Team development against industry standards.